I work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients. I have learned that my gift is helping people to tap and trust their inner wisdom. With compassionate clarity, I deeply listen, mirror and reflect, guiding you to see both your unique gifts and deep patterns.
I witness clients developing stronger presence, authenticity, awareness, resilience, confidence and relationships. They become more effective as they align with their natural power. They become better leaders, of themselves and others, as they navigate change in complex systems.
I draw from a deep well of experience, while also asking people to not take my word on anything. I guide — and encourage you to experiment and try things out for yourself, to find your own truth.
Seven values serve to orient my inner compass and guide my choices. They help me to be a better human.
- Honesty. Recognizing and skillfully sharing thoughts and feelings in ways that foster greater awareness, growth and transparency. Owning my experience, as well as my projections and transferences. Having the courage to look at my shadow, with great compassion, as a path to accepting self and others.
- Self-responsibility. Remembering that I am always where I put myself. In other words, I believe that, while external things may happen to us, we create our own realities and experience of situations. The very source of my problems and conflict reside within me. And I always have choice to shift how I relate to circumstances. I believe that maturity comes when we are able to take responsibility for how we experience situations. When we fully participate in life. I see self-responsibility as the foundation, the backbone, that sustains transformation.
- Respect. Respecting that I can never truly understand what it is like to be in another person’s body, with their unique DNA, background and experiences. And that, as humans, we tend to do the best that we know how. In other words, we all have good reasons for behaving as we do. And we are also in choice. As adults, we have agency to become more self-aware, shift our actions, and understand our impact.
- Integrity. Doing as I say I am going to do. Aligning my thoughts, words and actions as I move through life. Honoring that the practice of values — how I bring them to life — is more important than the words themselves.
- Humility. Being connected with the earth. Checking my ego at the door, remembering that anything that I can see in others, I have in myself. We are not our personalities, we are not our conditioning. A greater force moves through us. Our job is to be in service to that greater force, to life.
- Compassion. Compassion, for me, means recognizing that we are in it together. We are not separate. Anything that I see in others is a reflection of myself. Compassion involves understanding — extending a hand to those around us. It includes service that is anchored in values and natural wisdom. It invokes a clarity of heart, thought and action that doesn’t rely on others to feel secure. It means offering gifts and talents in a truly altruistic way, expecting nothing in return. I believe that when we live from a deep place of compassion, we naturally become more prosperous — and less dependent on external references for our own inner happiness.
- Beauty. When these values activate in concert, beauty naturally emerges and we become a source of inspiration and connection for others. We have greater access to the beauty that is always around us, when we choose to see it and take it in.
The work that Robin does is magical. She's helped me to find my blocks and get out of my own way so I can achieve my dreams. I highly, highly recommend her to anyone who is considering working with her.
Dale Nirvani Pfeifer
I feel truly blessed to be coached by Robin Athey of Integral Growth. Robin’s style, approach and knowledge are nothing short of phenomenal. She knows her stuff and much better, she lives it.
Her sessions are structured and completely tailored to the client and their growth. I have experienced some of my greatest insights through working with Robin.
She is extremely balanced and I am so proud to recommend Robin as one of the world's best coaches, across so many modalities.Kellie Tomney
I have recently taken on Robin as my personal and professional coach and the results so far have been nothing short of amazing. I had been really stuck on a number of issues that Robin very deftly help me to unravel and then navigate through including surfing those thorny emotions that we all like to resist. My path has become much clearer and I find I have more self-acceptance and trust to reach my goals with passion. I work as an executive coach myself including several years working with senior leaders at GE and as such find I am very particular about the people I work with on my own issues. I would recommend Robin highly.Sean Brawley
Truth, insight, deep wisdom. Robin Athey has had a profound impact on my life. She is able to see and speak to a person’s essence. With a unique blend of professional expertise in Leadership, Awareness, Change & Transformation, Systems Thinking and Body-Mind Integration, Robin draws on a rich repertoire of tools and resources. I am a better person for it. She is an innovative, deeply committed, bold, compassionate guide.Ginna Zinke, Martin
I have had the great fortune of knowing Robin for twelve years. We worked together at Deloitte (where she was a tremendous asset and thought-leader) and we have maintained a close connection over the years. She is a truly embodied leader. Robin meets the world ‘vertically’ aligned: she integrates values, capabilities and deep personal wisdom. Her capacity to coach and offer guidance in organizational transformation is grounded, practical, and inspired. She is the real deal when it comes to walking the talk.Shuli Goodman, PhD
I had been feeling a deep longing to integrate different parts of my life. To take what felt like very separate threads and weave them together to create something coherent and new; something that could give direction and a deeper meaning to my future. I just wasn't sure how to do it.
Enter Robin - Purpose Guide extraordinaire. The work we did together had a depth I never imagined possible working via Internet, and it exceeded all my expectations. Her rare combination of skills and experience meant she could guide me through some very complex terrain, and I felt safe and supported throughout. During the months we worked together, I was variously excited and resistant, insightful and confused, determined and uncertain. Robin took all of this and helped turn it into gold. Even now, I feel amazed at how much I gained through this process.
I recommend Robin to anyone who is serious about uncovering and stepping into their Purpose.Rachel Winthrop, PhD
Three months ago I felt scattered and unclear about how to tap into my soul’s truest purpose and express it in the world. Enter Robin, my wise, grounded, highly insightful Purpose Guide. Over the next 12 weeks she expertly led me through a deep revelation process that was rich, illuminating, sometimes crunchy, yet consistently delightful. During the last week, when I was able to distill all of our work together and write down my life’s purpose into one single statement - it felt as though I’d conquered Mt. Everest! I felt every cell of my being vibrating with its truth.
What a blessing it was to be showered in Robin’s loving care over the course of this journey. Her natural gifts and vast experience in the realms of somatics and leadership shined throughout every session. No matter what came up for me - whether moments of resistance, touching against old wounds, or in giddy celebration - Robin was able to gracefully meet me exactly where I was at, while also inspiring me toward my north star. I can’t imagine anyone else I would have wanted as a guide on this inner quest and I feel deeply grateful for all that I have received from her and through this process.Jennifer Ludders
Beyond being an extraordinary coach, Robin represents for me what it means to work on my personal growth little by little, one step at the time, taking the time and moving through space carefully observing myself, to identify whether or not I'm growing with integrity.
Thanks to Robin’s work and what she is, I have learned that growing with integrity goes beyond staying true to my values, or my beliefs, or being in alignment to who am I. It represents how as a whole being I move and grow in space and relate to the space, bringing all aspects of me into consideration and appreciation: soul, heart, mind, intellect, body and relationships.
Thank you Robin, thank you Integral Growth!Katherine Silveira
Robin was my professor early in 2017 for a Leadership course. She was not only a great professor but truly exemplifies all the qualities of an authentic leader – She is gifted at working with individuals to bring out the best in each individual. It was evident by the way she facilitate the class, promoted teamwork, collaboration and individual contributions. She’s like an orchestra conductor – under her direction it is magnificent how the various ensembles play so well together and the results are beautiful.
She helped us learn & more importantly treated us all like leaders who were developing. The amount of energy that I gained from this class and her teaching style is similar to what one would receive with a personal life coach, a support group and a course for learning all wrapped into one.
The style of learning, the content and her emphasis on application far exceeded my expectations for the course. I have been presented with such a tremendous opportunity with her as my professor. Robin is an authentic and thoughtful leader and anyone who has the opportunity to learn from her should take it.Barbara Cudak
Robin was my coach during a tough transition. She was there for me, quickly seeing how I needed to grow. Instead of providing out of the box solutions, she showed me the issue and guided me to the solution myself. I have learned so much about myself through our time and I am a stronger leader, better person, and have a clearer direction for where I need to go thanks to her. Robin is truly invested in helping young people who want to lead and I am so grateful for her work to help me develop.Tyler Yount
I’ve had the opportunity to work with Robin over the past few months and our sessions have truly been invaluable to not only to my personal growth but in my role as a manager as well. Robin expertly asks questions and subtly challenges my assumptions of people and problems I encounter, taking me out of my hectic day to day mindset and providing opportunity for reflection. Each session leaves me with new perspectives and a clearer vision, allowing me to approach challenges in fresh ways, with a renewed focus.
But the impact doesn’t end with the session, often, days later while driving or making dinner, I’ll find myself thinking about our last session. Like a slow-cooked meal, the ingredients prepared in our 1 on 1 sessions continue to cook throughout the week, gaining new meanings, contexts and additional insights, becoming a richer meal than I could have imagined.Robert Scott
Being able to remain centered in all the circumstances of life is an art that requires training. That is exactly what Robin Athey is proposing in the course Leadership Embodiment, which is a blend of intellectual concepts and very experiential training. Her natural talent for teaching and her compassion makes her an amazing guide in this journey.Nathalie Marceau, MBA
I was lucky to be assigned to Robin as my executive coach in my most recent job. Not only was she my executive coach but she also became a real life coach for me as I figured out who and what I wanted to be. What makes Robin an outstanding coach is her ability to get you to really think clearly about your life/career goals and ambitions, even beyond your current job.Lisa Chagadveja
I must have some pretty incredible luck for my path to have crossed with Robin's. With her guidance, I have managed the most delicate challenges and transitions I've encountered to date, and come to understand my unique tendencies -- and opportunities -- as a leader. Impressively, she is always wholly present, inspiring me to embody the same attentiveness to my actions -- and giving me the confidence that she would always be in my corner. My daily life is tangibly different than it was seven months ago. Thank you, Robin.AW
Robin has given me invaluable tools to take with me as my career progresses, and I know they will have a huge impact on my professional trajectory for many years to come. I would highly recommend Robin to anyone looking to strengthen their confidence in the workplace.SC
Robin is an incredibly skilled coach. She has a deep knowledge of counseling practices, somatic techniques, Hakomi, Organizational Development and Learning and is able to tailor the modality and approach based on the needs of the client. Her ability to connect and quickly establish a sense of trust with the client strongly lends to the impact and effectiveness of her work. I highly recommend her to anyone who is interested in working with a seasoned coach around personal growth and development.Laura Miller