I guide pioneers — leaders, groups and organizations who are committed to evolving, growing and co-creating a better world. We are entering an era where the past is not a reliable measure of what’s to come. I am dedicated to helping you have greater impact when things are moving fast, situations are complex, and there are few easy answers.
Drawing on over 30 years of experience, I cover a wide territory with clients, helping you, your team and your organization to:
- Be more strategic
- Get clear about your purpose and align your actions towards outcomes that matter
- Build trust across multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Strengthen your performance and vitality
- Be more creative and less reactive, especially under pressure
- Navigate crises and have difficult conversations
- Cultivate cultures — with clear strategies and processes — that unleash your people’s talent and creativity
- Break patterns and habits that seem stuck
- Overcome overwhelm, make wiser decisions, and navigate change in today’s Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world
As we work together:
- I work a lot in the present moment, where change happens. History matters — and when we reference too much in the past, it can distort the way forward.
- I often surface beliefs and assumptions — yours, your team’s and your organization’s — to create shared understanding and mitigate unnecessary conflict. I have a reputation for both:
- Creating a safe environment to experiment, learn and grow, and
- Being candid about what I see.
- I believe that individuals, groups, and organizations all have a core purpose and mission that evolves over time – something important to bring into the world. I work with you to get clear about next steps.
- We bring attention to core patterns and themes. What is working well, that we can expand? What do you really want? What will having that do for you? And what stops you? Where problems exist, we go to the roots.
- I draw from a deep well of experience, and encourage you to not take my word, but to try things out for yourself.
We are entering an era where there are many questions and few easy answers. We are in it together as we step boldly forward!
Eight values shape my work and orient my choices every day. I have adapted the first six from my core teacher, Sri Prem Baba. he sees these values as pathways towards a new level of consciousness in our society. As I practice them daily, I am beginning to really understand their collective power.
- Honesty. Recognizing and skillfully admitting our thoughts and feelings (owning our projections and transferences) in ways that foster greater awareness, growth and transparency. Having the courage to look at our shadow, and the compassion to accept it, as a path to accepting others.
- Self-responsibility. Remembering that we are always where we put ourselves. In other words, we create our own realities — and the very roots of our problems and conflict reside within us. Maturity comes when we are able to take responsibility for all of our experience and fully participate in life. Self-responsibility is the foundation, the backbone, that sustains transformation.
- Kindness. Kindness, for me, begins with the self. It means being understanding, gentle and patient with self — and, from that place, extending the same quality-of-being towards others. It means being genuinely curious about others’ maps of the world — suspending our beliefs and assumptions. It means seeing and owning our projections, light and dark, with empathy, and remembering that we are in it together. And it means pausing before reacting, to be in relationship with whatever life is unveiling in the moment.
- Dedication. Dedication, for me, means being clear about purpose, watching as it adapts and unfolds, and continually renewing commitment. It means watching for synchronicities — being receptive to what emerges — and also focusing, being clear about intent, and making things happen. It means pull oneself up and continuing whenever the going gets tough. “Dedication is synonymous with willpower, one of the great powers of the human soul.”
- Service. “Service means altruism, which is a synonym of pure love.” Service, to me, means being “vertically-oriented” in life, acting out of wisdom, compassion and a natural confidence that doesn’t rely on others to feel secure. It means offering our gifts and talents in a truly altruistic way, expecting nothing in return. When this happens, we naturally become more prosperous — and less dependent on external references for our own inner happiness.
- Beauty. Beauty is an expression of the essence that inhabits each one of us, a fruit of awakening consciousness. It is not the beauty of the advertising industry, but an appreciation of beauty in all aspects of life. When these values activate in concert, beauty naturally emerges and we become a source of inspiration and reconnection for others.
For me, a foundation of these values is integrity and respect. That is:
- Doing our best to align our thoughts, words and actions as we move through life.
- Assuming that I and others are doing the very best that we know how — and remembering that we all have good reasons to behave as we do.
- Respecting that we all have a unique language for describing what is important to us. And that we can never truly understand what it is like to be in another person’s body, with their unique DNA, background and experiences.
- Honoring that the practice of these values is much more important than the words themselves.
Three months ago I felt scattered and unclear about how to tap into my soul’s truest purpose and express it in the world. Enter Robin, my wise, grounded, highly insightful Purpose Guide. Over the next 12 weeks she expertly led me through a deep revelation process that was rich, illuminating, sometimes crunchy, yet consistently delightful. During the last week, when I was able to distill all of our work together and write down my life’s purpose into one single statement - it felt as though I’d conquered Mt. Everest! I felt every cell of my being vibrating with its truth.
What a blessing it was to be showered in Robin’s loving care over the course of this journey. Her natural gifts and vast experience in the realms of somatics and leadership shined throughout every session. No matter what came up for me - whether moments of resistance, touching against old wounds, or in giddy celebration - Robin was able to gracefully meet me exactly where I was at, while also inspiring me toward my north star. I can’t imagine anyone else I would have wanted as a guide on this inner quest and I feel deeply grateful for all that I have received from her and through this process.Jennifer Ludders
Robin was my professor early in 2017 for a Leadership course. She was not only a great professor but truly exemplifies all the qualities of an authentic leader – She is gifted at working with individuals to bring out the best in each individual. It was evident by the way she facilitate the class, promoted teamwork, collaboration and individual contributions. She’s like an orchestra conductor – under her direction it is magnificent how the various ensembles play so well together and the results are beautiful.
She helped us learn & more importantly treated us all like leaders who were developing. The amount of energy that I gained from this class and her teaching style is similar to what one would receive with a personal life coach, a support group and a course for learning all wrapped into one.
The style of learning, the content and her emphasis on application far exceeded my expectations for the course. I have been presented with such a tremendous opportunity with her as my professor. Robin is an authentic and thoughtful leader and anyone who has the opportunity to learn from her should take it.Barbara Cudak
Beyond being an extraordinary coach, Robin represents for me what it means to work on my personal grow little by little, one step at the time, taking the time and moving through space carefully observing myself, to identify whether or not I'm growing with integrity. Thanks to Robin’s work and what she is, I have learned that growing with integrity goes beyond staying true to my values, or my beliefs, or being in alignment to who am I. It represents how as a whole being I move and grow in space and relate to the space, bringing all aspects of me into consideration and appreciation: soul, heart, mind, intellect, body and relationships. Thank you Robin, thank you Integral Growth!Katherine Silveira
I have recently taken on Robin as my personal and professional coach and the results so far have been nothing short of amazing. I had been really stuck on a number of issues that Robin very deftly help me to unravel and then navigate through including surfing those thorny emotions that we all like to resist. My path has become much clearer and I find I have more self-acceptance and trust to reach my goals with passion. I work as an executive coach myself including several years working with senior leaders at GE and as such find I am very particular about the people I work with on my own issues. I would recommend Robin highly.Sean Brawley
Truth, insight, deep wisdom. Robin Athey has had a profound impact on my life. She is able to see and speak to a person’s essence. With a unique blend of professional expertise in Leadership, Awareness, Change & Transformation, Systems Thinking and Body-Mind Integration, Robin draws on a rich repertoire of tools and resources. I am a better person for it. She is an innovative, deeply committed, bold, compassionate guide.Ginna Zinke, Martin
I have had the great fortune of knowing Robin for twelve years. She is a truly embodied leader. Robin meets the world ‘vertically’ aligned: she integrates values, capabilities and deep personal wisdom. Her capacity to coach and offer guidance in organizational transformation is grounded, practical, and inspired. She is the real deal when it comes to walking the talk.Shuli Goodman, PhD
Robin has acted as both my personal and executive coach for the past 4 years. She identifies and works issues in a way that is transformative. I highly, highly recommend her to anyone who is considering hiring her.Dale Nirvani Pfeifer
I must have some pretty incredible luck for my path to have crossed with Robin's. With her guidance, I have managed the most delicate challenges and transitions I've encountered to date, and come to understand my unique tendencies -- and opportunities -- as a leader. Impressively, she is always wholly present, inspiring me to embody the same attentiveness to my actions -- and giving me the confidence that she would always be in my corner. My daily life is tangibly different than it was seven months ago. Thank you, Robin.AW
Robin was my coach during a tough transition. She was there for me, quickly seeing how I needed to grow. Instead of providing out of the box solutions, she showed me the issue and guided me to the solution myself. I have learned so much about myself through our time and I am a stronger leader, better person, and have a clearer direction for where I need to go thanks to her. Robin is truly invested in helping young people who want to lead and I am so grateful for her work to help me develop.Tyler Yount
I’ve had the opportunity to work with Robin over the past few months and our sessions have truly been invaluable to not only to my personal growth but in my role as a manager as well. Robin expertly asks questions and subtly challenges my assumptions of people and problems I encounter, taking me out of my hectic day to day mindset and providing opportunity for reflection. Each session leaves me with new perspectives and a clearer vision, allowing me to approach challenges in fresh ways, with a renewed focus.
But the impact doesn’t end with the session, often, days later while driving or making dinner, I’ll find myself thinking about our last session. Like a slow-cooked meal, the ingredients prepared in our 1 on 1 sessions continue to cook throughout the week, gaining new meanings, contexts and additional insights, becoming a richer meal than I could have imagined.RS
Being able to remain centered in all the circumstances of life is an art that requires training. That is exactly what Robin Athey is proposing in the course Leadership Embodiment, which is a blend of intellectual concepts and very experiential training. Her natural talent for teaching and her compassion makes her an amazing guide in this journey.Nathalie Marceau, MBA
I was lucky to be assigned to Robin as my executive coach in my most recent job. Not only was she my executive coach but she also became a real life coach for me as I figured out who and what I wanted to be. What makes Robin an outstanding coach is her ability to get you to really think clearly about your life/career goals and ambitions, even beyond your current job.LC
Robin has given me invaluable tools to take with me as my career progresses, and I know they will have a huge impact on my professional trajectory for many years to come. I would highly recommend Robin to anyone looking to strengthen their confidence in the workplace.SC
Robin is an incredibly skilled coach. She has a deep knowledge of counseling practices, somatic techniques, Hakomi, Organizational Development and Learning and is able to tailor the modality and approach based on the needs of the client. Her ability to connect and quickly establish a sense of trust with the client strongly lends to the impact and effectiveness of her work. I highly recommend her to anyone who is interested in working with a seasoned coach around personal growth and development.Laura Miller
I feel truly blessed to be coached by Robin Athey of Integral Growth. Robin’s style, approach and knowledge are nothing short of phenomenal. She knows her stuff and much better, she lives it. Her sessions are structured and completely tailored to the client and their growth. I have experienced some of my greatest insights through working with Robin.Kellie Tomney